The Didache English
The Didache: There are several versions of the Didache. The Catholics have a manipulated version. It mentions Communion and the Eucharist. The Didache Protestant - I added the word Protestant - is the standard on the internet and has been manipulated according to Protestant teachings, the Didache written by Arjan de Kok is a Protestant version that is available in bookshops. This website only contains the Dutch versions.
For comparison you can download three versions HERE in the Dutch language. You have Free Will to conduct independent research. Examine everything and keep the good. The Didache is the teaching of the Apostles and NOT the teaching of Catholics and Scribes - read: Protestants.
The Didache Chapter 1. The Road That Leads to Life
There are two ways, one leads to life and one to death, and the difference between these two ways is great. This is the way of life:
- First, you must love God who made you. (1)
- Second, you must love your neighbor as you love yourself, and whatever you do not wish to happen to yourself, do not do it to another.
Bless those who curse you, pray for your enemies, and fast for those who persecute you. For what reward is there if you love those who love you? Don't the pagans do that too? But love those who hate you, and you will have no enemy. Keep away from physical and worldly desires. If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also, and you will be perfect. If someone forces you to walk a mile, walk two. If someone takes your cloak, give him your sweater too. If someone takes something that is yours, don't ask for it back, because you couldn't either. Give to anyone you ask and don't ask in return. For the Father wants everyone to be given what He Himself has given for free. Let your gift be like sweat(1A) in your hands until you know to whom to give it. Blessed is he who gives as he is commanded, for he is without guilt. But woe to him who receives, for if anyone receives who needs it, he will be free from guilt. But whoever receives it who does not need it will be punished for the reason he received it and for what purpose. When he is tried, the things he has done will be inquired into, and he will not be able to escape until he has repaid the last cent.
Matthew 6:1-4 ' “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. Otherwise, you have no reward with your Father in heaven. So whenever you give to the poor, don’t sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be applauded by people. Truly I tell you, they have their reward. But when you give to the poor, don’t let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. '
Matthew 22:37-40 'He said to him, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and most important command. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets depend on these two commands.” '
Luke 10:27 'He answered, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,” and “your neighbor as yourself.” '
1a. - Let your gift be like sweat in your hands until you know who to give it to
In the Dutch download Protestant it is said: This apt (typing error m/z weird) statement has also been made on this subject. Yet this statement is as clear as freshly polished glass. It is a synonym for: throwing pearls before swine. When your hands are sweaty, everything falls out. So the gift (the actual gift) should only be given to someone who loves God, who believes in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Chapter 9: Don't give the Holy to the dogs.
The Didache Chapter 2. The second commandment means this:
- you will not kill,
- you shall not commit adultery,
- you shall not commit incest,
- you shall not commit fornication,
- you shall not steal,
- you shall not work magic,
- you shall not practice witchcraft,
- you shall not abort or kill what is just born,
- you shall not covet your neighbor's things.
- you shall not swear,
- you shall not bear false witness,
- you shall not speak evil,
- you will not hold a grudge.
- thou shalt not be ambiguous or talk with forked tongues, for to speak with a double bottom is a snare of death.
- thou shalt not speak lying or empty words, but confirm them by deeds.
- you shall not be greedy, predatory, or hypocritical, or evil or haughty.
- you must not approach your neighbor with evil intentions.
- you shall hate no one, but some exhort, some you must pray for, and some you must love more than your own life.
Matthew 5:3-12 ' “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for the kingdom of heaven is theirs. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the humble, for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for the kingdom of heaven is theirs. “You are blessed when they insult you and persecute you and falsely say every kind of evil against you because of me. Be glad and rejoice, because your reward is great in heaven. For that is how they persecuted the prophets who were before you. '
Exodus 20:13-17 'Do not murder. Do not commit adultery. Do not steal. Do not give false testimony against your neighbor. Do not covet your neighbor’s house. Do not covet your neighbor’s wife, his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor. '
Chapter 3, watch your own character (self-reflection)
- Flee my child, from all that is evil or the like.
- Don't be vengeful, for revenge leads to murder.
- Don't be jealous or a brawler and don't have a short fuse, because from all this comes murder.
- Do not burn with desire my child, for that leads to illicit sex, nor do you speak foul language or look down on anyone, for from all this adultery arises.
- Heed not omens my child, for this leads to idolatry. Do not cast incantations, do not practice astrology, or do magic, and pay no attention at all to all this, for from these things proceed idolatry.
- Do not lie my child, for lying leads to theft. Covet nothing and cheat not, for out of all these things proceeds theft.
- Do not complain my child, for this leads to profanity.
- Do not be cocky or evil-minded, for from all this comes blasphemies. Rather be meek, for the meek shall inherit the earth.
- Be patient, forgiving, sincere, kind, good, and always in awe of the words you have heard.
- You shall not boast of yourself or be overconfident in your soul. Your soul may not be united with the proud, but with the just and humble you shall associate.
- Accept everything that happens to you as good, knowing that nothing happens outside of God.
Galatians 5:17-21 'For the flesh desires what is against the Spirit, and the Spirit desires what is against the flesh; these are opposed to each other, so that you don’t do what you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, moral impurity, promiscuity, idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambitions, dissensions, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and anything similar. I am warning you about these things — as I warned you before — that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. '
Chapter 4. This is the way of life.
- My child, day and night you will remember the one who brings you the word of God. You will honor him as you honor the Lord, for wherever the nature of the Lord is spoken of, there He is present. Meet the saints daily, so you will be carried by their words.
- Do not desire to cause division, but make peace with those who oppose.
- Thou shalt judge righteously, and have no respect of persons in rebuking transgressions.
- You will not wonder whether something will be so or not.
- You will not be one who stretches out his hand to receive, but draws it back when it comes to giving. If you have anything, give it away as a ransom for your sins.
- Don't hesitate to give, and don't complain when you give, for you know who is a good reciprocator of rewards! Don't turn away from someone who needs your help right away, rather share everything with your brother and don't say anything is your own. For if you share the imperishable together, how much more of the perishable? You shall not keep your hand (2) away from your son or daughter, but you shall teach them from their youth to fear God deeply. You shall not command your servant or maidservant who trusts in the same God out of bitterness. They could thereby lose the awe of God who rules over you both. For He did not come to cry with respect of persons, but He comes to those whom the Spirit has prepared.
- You servants must submit yourselves to your masters, modestly and with awe, for he represents God in this.
- You must hate all hypocrisy and everything that does not please the Lord. You must not forsake the commandments of the Lord, but keep what you have received, neither adding to it nor taking anything from it.
- You shall confess your transgressions in your heart(3), and you shall not pray with a guilty conscience.
The Dutch download Didache Protestant talks about:
2. You shall not take your hand (responsibility) away from your son or daughter. The added word responsible should not be here, because corporal punishment is indeed allowed by God, pure assault is something else, but an educational beating is even conducive to the all-important respect. This is the reason there is NO more respect for God and commandment. Download: Revelations of Paul or Peter.
3. You shall confess your transgressions in the church. This is incorrect, because no other human being has anything to do with your mistakes, this is a matter of heart, which can only be discussed in a one on one conversation with God.
Chapter 5. The Road That Leads to Death.
First, she is evil and full of curses, murders, adulteries, lusts, illicit sex, thefts, idolatries, magical arts, witchcraft, robberies, false witness, hypocrisy, ambivalence, trickery, pride, malice, willfulness, lust, foul language, jealousy , brutality, arrogance, boastfulness.
Persecutors of the good, haters of the truth, lovers of lies, who give no reward to justice, do not identify themselves with good or with righteous judgment, they pay no attention to the good but to the wicked.
Mercy and patience are far from them, they love senseless things, they seek revenge, without pity for the poor, not working for the oppressed, without knowledge of Him who made them, child murderers, destroyers of the work of creation like God, turning away from the needy, tightening the thumbscrews of the oppressed, advocates of the rich, lawless judges of the poor,
sinful in everything.
Be free from all this my children.
Chapter 6. Bear what thou canst, to the full yoke of the Lord
See that no one gets the chance to lead you from the way you have been taught, for then he will teach you without God.
For if you can bear the full yoke of the Lord, then you are perfect, but if you cannot, do what you can.
Also about the food (4) - the spiritual food - you must bear what you are capable of, but be extremely careful about that which is offered to idols (4A), for it is the worship of dead gods.
4. Chapter 6 says what Paul and Matthew say in 1 Thessalonians 5:21 'but test all things. Hold on to what is good. ' Matthew 24:23-25 ' “If anyone tells you then, ‘See, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘Over here!’ do not believe it. For false messiahs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. Take note: I have told you in advance. '
Question: who are the false christs? Answer: Every church leader is a false Christ. Jesus and the Apostles did NOT teach any doctrines, they have taught and lived the doctrine of love. I give you one short text: Matthew 6:5 And when ye pray ye shall not be as the hypocrites; for they are very fond of standing in the synagogues and on the street corners and praying that they may be seen by the people. Verily, I say unto you, that they already have their reward.
Question: Do you pray openly in your church - synagogue? That open prayer is that your prayer or someone else's "prayer"?
4A: By an offering is meant a prayer. Matthew warns very seriously against worshiping and using idols, such as the Catholics and the Buddhists.
Chapter 7. How to Baptize?
1. Now about baptism, you are to baptize as follows: After you have read all these precepts, you are to baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, in running water (5).
2. If there is no running water, you need to dip in other water, and if you can't put it in cold water, then put it in warm water.
3. And if you have not all this, then pour water on your head three times in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
4. Before being baptized, then let him who is being baptized and the baptized fast and whoever is able. But you must instruct the baptized person to fast for one or two days beforehand.
5. The flowing water is not natural water, but signifies a living faith. Baptism is a spiritual act. 1 Corinthians 1:17 'For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel — not with eloquent wisdom, so that the cross of Christ will not be emptied of its effect. '
Luke 3:15-16 'Now the people were waiting expectantly, and all of them were questioning in their hearts whether John might be the Messiah. John answered them all, “I baptize you with water, but one who is more powerful than I am is coming. I am not worthy to untie the strap of his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. '
Chapter 8. Fasting (Preparation) for Prayer
Matthew 6:5-8 ' “Whenever you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites, because they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by people. Truly I tell you, they have their reward. But when you pray, go into your private room, shut your door, and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. When you pray, don’t babble like the Gentiles, since they imagine they’ll be heard for their many words. Don’t be like them, because your Father knows the things you need before you ask him. '
And when you pray, pray in short words. Pray in thought - your personal private room - as Paul says: Pray unceasingly. Do you know what a quick prayer is? That's a short question or a quick announcement, that's all you need, but every time you go to do something, just make a report to that One Great. If every hour - just about - you turn your thoughts to Him, sometimes with intercession, sometimes for help, before dinner, before sleeping, sometimes for protection, for the children when going out the door. But do it unnoticed, nobody needs to notice your prayer to God, because a prayer is always a one-on-one contact.
God is averse to all hypocrisy. An open prayer as the scribes do, as the Catholics do, is worthless. Small piece of explanation about the breaking of the Bread. It is not for nothing that Jesus says John 6:35 “I am the Bread of Life” It should be clear that this does not mean natural bread. He (the bread) is broken (killed) and only by silent prayer - invisible to everyone, so not OPEN in the synagogue or on the street like the hypocrites do, sins can be forgiven, no one is involved.
Chapter 9. The Prayer of Thanks (alone)
Now about the thanksgiving, give thanks in the following way.
First about the cup. Jesus said, Let this cup pass from me, but not My will, but Yours be done. Let us give thanks and also regularly express in silent prayer that Jesus voluntarily wanted to go through this agony for us.
Then about the broken Bread. He has given His life on the tree of the cross for all people who accept it in faith - from the Free Will - and are grateful for it.
His Church: Let us pray for all people who believe in His sacrifice - so limitless great, brothers and sisters of His Church. That is NOT religion bound, but it is a matter of the heart, anyone who believes in His sacrifice and thanks and praises Him - silently, unobtrusively - belongs to His Church.
Don't give the Holy to the dogs. By professing your "faith" openly, you give your faith to the dogs, because only the people who pray silently, totally unobtrusively, do it from the heart.
Chapter 10. The prayer of thanks (after a meeting = the meal)
Even now the truth remains, every prayer is a personal prayer, a prayer or a thanksgiving without anyone noticing. Only when you regularly pray or give thanks without anyone noticing - notice how difficult that is - and not a fixed tune, then it is a prayer that the Most High will hear and answer. Always use your own words, you pray your way. Be an intercessor for all who believe Him, wherever they are, no matter what religion, because faith is in the heart, not between four walls with a cross on it, that is outward show, so worthless.
But keep your prayer short, for God knows everything even before you pray. The author of the Didache only intended these points below as points of interest, no more and no less.
After you are satisfied, pray this way: "We give thee, Holy Father, for thy holy name, which thou hast made to dwell as a holy tent in our hearts,
For the knowledge, faith and immortality which You have made known to us through Jesus Your Son, to You be the glory forever. Thou Almighty Master, hath created all things for Thy Name's sake. You have given both food and drink for man to enjoy, that we may thank You. But you have (also) blessed us with spiritual food and drink and eternal life through your Son. More than anything, we thank You that You are Almighty, To You be the glory forever. Remember, Lord, Your church, deliver her from all evil and make her perfect in Your love, gather her from the four winds, sanctified for Your kingdom which You have prepared for her. For thine is the power and the glory forever. Let grace come and this world pass away. Hosanna to the Son of David. If anyone is holy, let him come, if anyone is not, let him repent. Maranatha, amen.
But allow the prophets to have the meal—the words of God—of thanksgiving as often as they wish.
Chapter 11. Apostles and Prophets
1. Everyone who comes to you and learns that which has been said before, receive him.
2. But if the teacher himself turns away and teaches another doctrine to undermine it, do not listen to him. But if he learns to learn righteousness and to know the Lord, receive him as the Lord.
3. Do to the apostles and prophets what the gospel tells you about this.
4. Let every apostle who comes to you be received as the Lord.
5. But he should not stay more than one day, or two if necessary. But if he stays three days, he is a false prophet.
6. Let the apostle take nothing with him when he departs but bread that is enough for his next overnight stay. But when he asks for money, he is a false prophet.
7. You shall not tempt or argue with a prophet who speaks by the Spirit. For every sin will be forgiven, but this sin will not be forgiven.
8. But not everyone who speaks in the spirit is a prophet, but only if he keeps the ways of the Lord. Therefore, the false prophet will distinguish himself from the prophet by what he does.
9. Any prophet who commands by the Spirit to set the table will not eat of it himself, but if he does, he is a false prophet.
10. Any prophet who teaches the truth, if he does not do that also, then he is a false prophet.
11. Every tested and proven prophet, who puts himself at the service of the secret of the church in this world, will not be judged by you if he does not teach others to do what he does for himself, for his judgment comes from God, for so it was with the earlier prophets.
12. But whoever says in spirit, "Give me money, or something like it." You must not listen to him. But if he tells you to give to others who need it, let no one judge him for it
Chapter 12. Examine all and keep the good
But receive everyone who comes in the Name of the Lord and try him after this to know who he is, right or left you will find out. If the one who comes is a traveler, assist him as far as you can. But he won't stay with you more than two or three days, if he must. But if he wants to settle with you as a laborer, let him work for his food. But if he has no profession, do what you see fit. As a Christian he may not live vainly among you. And if he doesn't want to, he takes advantage of Christ. Take care to keep away from such persons.
Chapter 13. The True Prophet
Every true prophet who will settle in your midst is worthy of his meal. Even a true teacher is worth his food like a worker. Therefore you shall take the first fruits of the winepress and the threshing floor, of cows and sheep, and bring them to the prophets, for these are your high priests. If you don't have a prophet, give it to the poor. When you make bread, take the first of it and give it away according to the commandments. Likewise, if you open a pitcher of wine or oil, take the first part of it and give it to the prophets. Also of the money and the clothes and all your substance, take the first fruit of it as you see fit, and give it away according to the commandment.
Chapter 14. Make an offering with a clear conscience
Come together in the day of the Lord, break the bread and give thanks, having confessed your sins, that your sacrifice may be pure. Let no one quarrel with a friend; stay together until they are reconciled, and your offerings will not be defiled. For this is what has been spoken of by the Lord: "In every place and at every moment thou shalt bring me a pure offering, for I am a great King, saith the Lord, and my name is glorious among the nations."
Transposition: The Day of the Lord: A time of rest that you spend in the Lord - you together with the Lord - that is NOT tied to a Sabbath. When you take a break, start with a short sincere question, in the name of Jesus, that God will forgive you your sin. But before you insert a Sabbath moment there should be NO discontent with others. In this way you make a pure sacrifice, a sacrifice that is NOT a monetary sacrifice, but a sacrifice of the least wanting to be. And this Sabbath moment will also take place in silence - in the mind, so invisible.
Chapter 15. Appoint Overseers and Deacons as Teachers and Prophets
Therefore appoint for yourselves overseers and deacons, worthy of the Lord, meek people who do not like money. True and proven, for they also minister among you as teachers and prophets. Therefore do not despise them, for these are they who are honored among you, along with the prophets and teachers. Admonish one another, not with anger, but in peace, as you find it in the gospel. But let no man speak with one who has wronged his neighbor, nor let him hear from you until he repents. But let your prayers and gifts and all your deeds be as you find them in the gospel of our Lord.
Chapter 16. Gather often with your Lord. The End Time has started on 12/16/2019 jet Covid19
Watch over your life. Do not let your lamps go out or your belts hang loose, but be ready, for you do not know the hour when our Lord will come (27) . Therefore, come together often, in search of the things that suit your souls. For the time that you have believed will bring you no gain if you are not made perfect in the end time. Those who endure in the last days will be saved by the curse itself. For in the last days false prophets and deceivers will have multiplied. The sheep will have turned into wolves and love will have turned into hatred. For when lawlessness abounds, they will hate, persecute, and betray one another. Then also the tempter of the world will appear as the son of god. He will do signs and wonders and the earth will be delivered into his hands. He will act as lawless as never happened from the beginning. Then the human creation will enter the fire of trial, many will stumble and be lost. But those who persevere in their faith will be saved by the curse itself.” Then the signs of the truth will appear. “First the sign of the opening of heaven, (28) then the sign of the sound of the trumpet (28). Third , the resurrection of the dead,' (30) not yet of all, but as it is foretold, 'The Lord will come with all His saints.' (31) And then the world will see the Lord coming on the clouds of the sky.
Chapter 17. The End Times Dated
Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall blow the trumpet, the mystery of God shall also be accomplished, as he hath declared unto his servants the prophets.
Rapture, time ???: Exactly 8 billion people on the earth, a New Beginning. The new beginning starts with the RAPTURE of the people who believe in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ. The RAPTURE is through the death of these people - Isaiah 57:1-2 - and has a duration of ??? days, day and hour is unknown to you, IT DOES take a period of time. The RAPTURE will take place before September 21, 2022 and it concerns 2,000,000,000 people.
September 21 to October 6: Revelation 8:1-5 “And when the Lamb (Jesus Christ) had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour = 15 days. Calculation with a Jubilee from 49 year: 49 x 365 / 1000 = 17
October 6, 2022 : Start of the 6 Trumpets followed by the Religious War, see the Antichrist and Trumpets Webpage
6,000,000,000 - one third part = 4,000,000,000 A third part: All disbelievers and idolaters.
October 21, 2022: Coming of the Two Witnesses Enoch and Elijah - Revelation 11, Captivity of the Ancestors before the 1000 Years Kingdom - Revelation 12:6
Some time before April 3, 2026: The Seventh Trumpet
April 3, 2026: 2300 days after December 16, 2019, restoration of God's Sanctuary, the start of the 1000-year reign.
Luke 12:35 Let your loins be girded and your lamps burning.
Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 25:1-13 'Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten maidens, who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were wise and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps with them, but no oil. The wise men also took oil in their jars with their lamps. When the bridegroom did not come, they all became drowsy and fell asleep. And at midnight there was a cry: Behold, the bridegroom is coming, go out to meet him! Then all those girls got up and fixed their lamps. The foolish said to the wise, Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out. But the sages replied: Not at all, otherwise there may not be enough for us and you. Rather go to the sellers and buy oil for yourself. When they went to buy oil, the bridegroom came; and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage, and the door was shut. Later the other girls also came and said: Lord, lord, open to us! He answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch then, for you do not know the day nor the hour when the Son of Man will come.
Day and time is unknown. This applies both to the start of the Rapture and when the Rapture is for every person.
The RECORD is for September 21, 2022 and will last for a certain period, see the last 2300 days
Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear in heaven the sign of the Son of man; and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with great power and glory.
John 1:51 Jesus answered and said to him, Because I said to you, I saw you under the fig tree, believe you. You will see greater things than these.
Zechariah 13:7-9 It shall come to pass, saith the LORD, that two-thirds of them shall be cut off from all the land, and shall perish, and a third of them shall remain. I will bring that third part into the fire and refine it as silver is refined. I will try it as one tries gold. It will call on My Name and I will answer it. I will say, These are My people; and they shall say, The LORD is my God. Sword, awake against my Shepherd, and against the Man that is My Companion, saith the LORD of hosts. Strike that Shepherd and the sheep will be scattered everywhere. But I will turn My hand to the little ones. ' Behold the Trumpets (in Dutch), the Sixth Trumpet
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 'For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with a trump from God. And the dead which are in Christ shall rise first. Then we, the living who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet with the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.
Zechariah 14:5 “Then you shall flee through the valley of My mountains, for the valley between the mountains shall reach to Azal. Yea, ye shall flee, as ye fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then shall the LORD my God come: all the saints with thee. †
1 Thessalonians 3:11-13 “But our God and Father Himself, and our Lord Jesus Christ, may our way lead to you. And may you increase and make the Lord abound in love to one another and to all, as we also are to you, that he might strengthen your hearts to be blameless in sanctification before our God and Father, coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.”